Coronavirus particularly affects the Upper Rhine with 81 confirmed cases. The deputy Jean-Luc Reitzer, contaminated, is hospitalized. The nurseries and schools are closed for 15 days.
In France, 613 people were contaminated by Covid-19 and nine people died, announced Jerome Salomon, Director General of Health, on Friday evening. Two departments are particularly affected: Oise and Haut-Rhin where nurseries and schools are closed for two weeks, the Prime Minister announced. The “reinforced” stage 2 has been decreed in these two departments to contain the spread of the virus.
Limiting the spread of the virus
In Haut-Rhin, this Friday, March 6, 81 confirmed cases have been identified by the services of the Regional Health Agency, says the ARS Grand Est in a press release. The number of cases remains very progressive. Jean-Luc Reitzer, MP, has been contaminated and is hospitalized in a worrisome state. Many factors contribute to the rapid transmission of this virus.
The two priorities are:
– limiting the spread of the disease
– ensure proper care for the sick
In order to limit the spread of the virus, the Prefect of the Haut-Rhin, the Regional Health Agency and the Rector of Strasbourg have decided on several new measures for the Haut-Rhin, from 6 March to 19 March 2020 inclusive :
1. Ban on all gatherings involving more than 50 people at the same time in an enclosed area.
The normal activity of shops, businesses, restaurants and bars is not affected by this ban.
Family wedding and funeral ceremonies may be held with a limited number of participants.
Similarly, public transport is not affected by this prohibition.
2. Closure of certain schools, extracurricular and early childhood care establishments defined by prefectoral decree (the list will be published on the prefecture’s website). This measure is applicable from Saturday 7 March 2020.
Pupils will benefit from pedagogical continuity for the entire period during which this instruction is applied. Pedagogical continuity will be put in place to maintain regular contact between the pupil and his/her teachers. To this end, the headmaster or head teacher will ensure, in particular by using existing networks (digital workspaces, e-mail or similar tools specific to private schools), that the pupil has access to course materials and is able to carry out the homework or exercises required for his/her learning.
3. 3. Minors shall be prohibited from visiting patients and persons accommodated in public and private health care institutions and in social and medico-social institutions accommodating elderly or disabled persons.
It is recommended that everyone, including adults, should limit visits to these institutions to what is strictly necessary.
4. 4. Prohibition by prefectoral order of any sporting event that is not held behind closed doors (without spectators).
Closure of swimming pools to the public except for training sessions and competitions held in camera.
In order to ensure proper care for sick people
Serious cases are treated in health care institutions. In other situations, people are confined and cared for at home.
Health establishments in the territory have been alerted in order to ensure hospital care for all patients referred after calling the 15 centre. The establishments are extremely mobilized and ready to receive patients and to reorganize the programmed care in order to prioritize serious cases. Bed capacity is monitored twice a day. EMS teams, which are under great strain, have organised themselves to respond to calls, with the implementation of solidarity between EMS and the intervention of hospital professionals as reinforcements.
Work is under way, in consultation with representatives of the general medical profession, to formalize procedures for home care. These will be presented on Monday to the private doctors of the Haut-Rhin and will make it possible to guarantee the protection of health professionals and their patients. Surgical masks are currently being delivered and will be distributed to city professionals at the beginning of next week. Exchanges are being initiated between the liberal professionals and the centre 15 in order to guarantee a good articulation of the interventions.
The Ehpads are implementing the necessary measures to protect their residents, who are fragile people in the face of the coronavirus.
Reminder of good practices :
– In case of coronavirus symptoms only – high fever, cough and breathing difficulties – call 15.
– For all other situations and general information, call the national toll-free number 0 800 130 000 for advice on what to do.
Regular information points will be set up to provide information on how to proceed.
REMINDER OF PREVENTIVE AND PROTECTIVE MEASURES :
– Wash your hands frequently and properly with soap or use a hydro-alcoholic solution,
– cough or sneeze into your elbow,
– greet each other without shaking hands,
– avoid hugging,
– use a disposable tissue and discard it,
– Wear a mask if you are ill (with a doctor’s prescription).
– Mesures renforcées #HautRhin –
Fermeture à compter de lundi 9 mars et pour 15 jours des crèches, écoles, collèges et lycées dans tout le département du Haut-Rhin. ⤵️?https://t.co/02nGurhFXW https://t.co/BnYu8oKMfi
— Préfet du Haut-Rhin (@Prefet68) March 6, 2020